Monday, December 21, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
From the ToxLearn website: "ToxLearn is a multi-module online learning tool providing an introduction to toxicology fundamentals. The goal of this tutorial is multi-fold: to inform the general public, to serve as an ancillary curriculum to a first level undergraduate toxicology course, and to equip users of NLM’s toxicology databases with a working knowledge of the science’s basic principles, in order to better interpret their search results.”
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Supported PDAs for Dynamed
- Palms – Devices running Palm OS 3.5 and higher. For example: Palm m500 series, Palm m700 series, Treo series, Tungsten series, and Zire series
- Pocket PC – Devices running Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 or Microsoft PocketPC 2000 (ARM/X-SCALE only), PocketPC 2002, PocketPC 2003, PocketPC 2003 SE.
- Supported Devices:
- Pocket PC 2000, Pocket PC 2002, Pocket PC 2003
- Devices that use Intel StrongArm, X-Scale, and Samsung processors
- Supported Devices:
- Windows Smartphone
- BlackBerry – Devices running OS 4.1 and higher
- iPhone and iPod Touch – Native application with these features:
- Fixed title and tool bars to simplify navigation
- Previously-viewed topic history
- Incremental index searching for efficient topic access
- Modification of font size in topic view
- Quick (A-Z) indexing
- "See Also" links to related results
- SmartTabs for efficient navigation
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
~ Make a List
~ Remembering What You and Your Doctor Discussed
~ What to Ask Your Doctor
~ What to Share with Your Doctor
Videos can be found at: NIH Senior Health
Friday, November 13, 2009
primary login. This change will be effective Monday, November 16. You will be able to access your account using the email address where you are receiving this message and your normal password.
The laptop can be checked out with your Panther ID card and can be used only inside the Medical Library.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
We have posted about Google Health before. Here is an article that covers more Google apps that can help physicians. Read on!
"5 Ways Google Can Make You a Better Doctor:"
“The Internet is fundamentally changing the way doctors practice medicine by enabling greater access to medical information, easier collaboration with patients and colleagues, and economic opportunities for entrepreneurs in Health IT,” says Roni Zeiger, product manager, Google Health. “Many Google services have powerful applications for a physician’s daily work. For example, Google Alerts and Google Reader are great ways for physicians to keep up to date with new research and news in their practice areas.” ......
Thursday, October 29, 2009
More video tutorials on problem-based learning have been uploaded on YouTube, Library Website, and Facebook. Check them out and let us know what you think!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Quick Start Guide: http://mdconsult.dreamhosters.com/pdf/GettingStarted.pdf
The system is designed for the iPhone, Blackberries, and phones that use Windows Mobile 6. However, other phones do have the option to click 'Continue' and use without formatting.
Phones outside of the iPhone and T-Mobile G1 may not display all of our system formatting with their built-in browser. We are providing the ability to download the Opera Mini browser which supports our system formatting. Users can find a link to the Opera Mini browser right in MD Consult Mobile, on the Information menu (the "I" button) under "Device Configuration."
Logins: Because individuals' phones are completely unknown to MD Consult, the mobile system requires personal login accounts. Users can do this by clicking 'Create Account' in MD Consult from any workstation at your institution.
Note: users will need to log out of MD Consult on the workstation before logging into their phone.
Remember Me Is Automatic: Once logged in on their phones, users will not have to enter their login information on successive use. Below are two links to help you get started. These links will provide you with PDF flyers that you can print, share, email or post on your intranet to let your stakeholders know more about the program.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the library at email@example.com or via online form here at http://medicine.fiu.edu/library.php?ss=rh.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Direct URL is : http://www.plosmedicine.org
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
To begin using the mobile Natural Standard,
- Go to www.skyscape.com/natstd/fiu
- Enter your first and last name and your FIU email address.
- Your individual Natural Standard serial number license will be emailed to you.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Check out the photo of our group-study room at our Facebook page:
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
You can also find our scanned library brochure here: https://md2b.medicine.fiu.edu/mylibrary/Shared%20Documents/brochure.pdf
Make sure to log in with your AD account in order to access MD2B.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
You can download it here at: http://www.medscape.com/public/iphone/ghfa?src=iph_int_ban_MISC_mscp_faster
Medscape Mobile is a free information service and its comprehensive features include:
- Drug database of over 6,000 generic and brand name drugs, plus hundreds of herbals, supplements and antidotes.
- Drug interaction checker that quickly shows interactions for a combination of up to 30 drugs, herbals and/or supplements
- Medscape Medical News with up-to-date, specialty-focused medical content across more than 30 specialties.
- Continuing Medical Education from MedscapeCME in formats created specifically for the mobile device.
- The WebMD Health Directory featuring contact information for over 400,000 physicians, 57,000 pharmacies, and 6,000 hospitals in a convenient search format.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
New database, Natural Standard, is available through the Medical Library. Natural Standard is an international research collaboration that aggregates and synthesizes data on complementary and alternative therapies.
The permanent link to this library resource is http://ezproxy.fiu.edu/login?url=http://www.naturalstandard.com